- No duplicate samples shall be taken from the same field, bin, churn, baking or batch to be shown by different people as their respective product.
- The judge is instructed to not award premiums unless the articles are deemed worthy of merit. If no competition exists and an article is not worthy of first premium, the judge may award second or no premium as her judgment dictates.
- Exhibitors in division having won premiums in any previous years will not be eligible to compete for premiums on the same article. All articles shown must have been made, painted, or canned this past year. No articles will be permitted to be exhibited that have been entered in a previous Inter-State Fair.
- Care will be taken to prevent theft or damage to all items, but in no event will the Inter-State Fair Department personnel be held responsible for loss or damage that might occur. This applies to all departments in the Exhibits Building.
- ONLY ONE ARTICLE PER CATALOG NUMBER MAY BE EXHIBITED.
- Articles in this Division cannot be picked up until Saturday, August 17, 2019. If exhibits are picked up prior to 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, the exhibitors will not receive their premium check, plaque, or ribbon and will not be permitted to enter the next year. Culinary items that did not make the sale may be taken home on Monday, August 12. Items that do make the sale must leave sample, ribbon, and plaque until Saturday, August 17. Any 2nd and 3rd place winners must leave samples and ribbon until Saturday at Checkout time.
- Limit your number of entries to 10 per person per department.
MONTGOMERY COUNTY 4-H
County 4-H Youth Development Agent
Entry time is 8-11 a.m., Monday, August 12. No entries will be taken after 11 a.m.
Conference judging for foods will be from 8-11 a.m. on Monday. Exhibitors must be present during the judging to present their exhibits and visit with the judge. Other non-food exhibits judging will begin at 1 p.m. Judging is closed to entrants and the public.
Entries will be dismissed on Saturday, August 17 from 9 to 11:00 a.m. Culinary items that did not make the sale may be picked up on Monday, Aug 12.
For Montgomery County 4-H rules and class information for the Inter-State Fair, please refer to the Montgomery County Fair book. Class numbers and descriptions follow the Montgomery County 4-H Fair book with the exception of the foods department, please see below. The difference in the food department rules pertains to the quantity of each food item.